Home 2.0 Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

POSTGREEN ASPIRATIONS

Developer Profile: Postgreen Homes

The past few weeks as I've been pulling together an executive summary on the 'Starter Home 2.0 Project' and the larger business of Mike Benkert Architecture + Development for submission into the 2016 Architecture Business Plan competition, I've been revisiting some of the architecture and development companies I admire across the country to analyze certain aspects of their businesses I find especially appealing. Through a series of upcoming blog posts, I will profile several of these businesses, highlighting some of their best practices that I would like to incorporate into my operations moving forward.
The first of these development companies is Postgreen Homes in Philadelphia, PA. Much like Mike Benkert Architecture + Development is starting with the 'Starter Home 2.0' Project and this blog, Postgreen Homes began its business with the '100K House' Project and its own blog (which is no longer online, unfortunately). Since that time, Postgreen Homes has developed a combination of single-family and multi-family urban infill projects throughout several neighborhoods in Philadelphia and their website, clarity of purpose, and social media presence is the best I have seen from any development company. While I admit that my design philosophy and the density of the neighborhoods I work in are a bit different than those of Postgreen Homes, I would love to be able to get to the point where I have a similar portfolio of projects under my belt and am able to showcase them in such an intriguing manner, so kudos to Postgreen Homes.